by Gene Kim on
@mcguiredennis: Average cost of downtime $300k per minute. @jenntejada #PDSummit16 https://t.co/SXKK3VuLLw
- @BhavaCom: .@pagerduty CEO @jenntejada: "#digital is no longer just a convenience, it's a dependency" #PDSummit16 https://t.co/FIbDgspGE6
- RT @BhavaCom: .@pagerduty CEO @jenntejada: "#digital is no longer just a convenience, it's a dependency" #PDSummit16 https://t.co/FIbDgspGE6
- Grt quote: Zig Ziglar: "You will get what u want in life if yu help enough other people get what they want" @jenntejada
- @pagerduty: CEO @jenntejada -- Engineers are increasingly the designers, builders, and owners of the customer connection and revenue. #PDSummit16
˜ @RealGeneKim: #pdsummit16 an interesting view of the DevOps adoption curve. https://t.co/lY7aMDM7rE
- @RealGeneKim: #pdsummit16 stats on pagerduty: https://t.co/ZgwhZENqFK
- OH: "On behalf of @PagerDuty, thank you for building lousy, buggy, crappy sofotware!" (hahaha. Thank u devs, u know who u are! :)
- RT @lizzy_mcnaney: RT @AngChappy: Incident Commander @Cliffehangers demoing epicness #PDSummit16. "Thanks for making buggy software that breaks." https://t.co…
- @esigler: "Incident command isn't about style, it's about getting s&!@ fixed." @Cliffehangers #PDSummit16 https://t.co/lPjDVLMfu4
- @ajdomie: @ophirronen following the tough act of @Cliffehangers #PDSummit16 demo.
- Up: @ophirronen: Ophir Ronen, from the Event Enrichment acquisition, now product director, events mgmt; an ops guy!
- @ophirronen: "was at major Internet backbone during 90s; was Level 1, Level 2 tech, then backbone engr" (telling big outage story)
@bobrod: RT @timarmandpour: Fireside Chat w/@maynard and PagerDuty co-founder @alxsolomon #PDSummit16 https://t.co/AFbGZfxvGo
- Webb retelling the story of the eBay recovery: CNN trucks, Sun Microsystems, stock price plunging: Meg Whitman: "problem solved!" (not quite)
- Our reactions to Webb eBay recovery stories show how we still all love disaster stories. :)
- @alexsolomon asking about emerging battle between @NewRelic and @AppDynamics
To get all the resources that I talked about (slides, 190 pg DevOpsHandbook excerpt, @DOES16 slides/videos: email firstname.lastname@example.org, subj: devops)
@RealGeneKim: #pdsummit16: To get resources (slides, 190 pg DevOpsHandbook excerpt, @DOES16 slides/videos: email email@example.com, subj: devops)
RT @ajdomie: Theme I am noticing in conversations at #PDSummit16 is the awareness to the cultural shift away from adrenaline motivation when successful
In case I didn't mention all the amazing DevOps Handbook co-authors: @jezhumble, @botchagalupe, @patrickdebois, foreword by @allspaw!
@pagerduty: It isn't who is going to win and who is going to lose? It's about who evolves and who doesn't -@maynard #PDSummit16
@jenntejada: My partner in crime/Saas/fun @alxsolomon & @maynard Webb, BOD @Yahoo @salesforce @visa talking trends #PDSummit16 https://t.co/I83Djcmj47
RT @jenntejada: My partner in crime/Saas/fun @alxsolomon & @maynard Webb, BOD @Yahoo @salesforce @visa talking trends #PDSummit16 https://t.co/I83Djcmj47
@maynard: "no shortage of informaiton; the shortage is generating meaninful insights"
OH @maynard: "I almost joined as Apple CIO in 1999. My reaction at the time: who would want to go to that doomed company?" (ha!)